A reader whose title indicates he manages advocacy for a professional association emailed me with a suggestion that has merit, I think:

This is not really a question or concern about fairness or accuracy, but a request for just a tiny bit more information. When you folks report on developments with legislation in Topeka or Jefferson City, can you please include the bill number in the report. That will make it a lot easier for us to correspond with our elected representatives about it.

This also reminds me of the several readers who have requested The Star routinely note R, D or I to indicate politicians' parties. Both are good, objective suggestions -- as long as they're utilized equally across the board.